• Can be installed on the floor (tower version) or in rack mount cabinets (rack version). The display panel can be rotated (using the key supplied
• Low noise (<48 dBA): can be installed in any environment thanks to its high frequency switching inverter and PWM load-dependent digitally controlled fan
• External bypass option for maintenance with interruption-free switching
• Operation guaranteed up to 40°C (the components are designed for high temperatures and are thus subject to less stress at normal temperatures)
• Built-in IEC output sockets with thermal protection.
Operating mode selection
Functions can be programmed via software or manually via the front display panel.
• On line: efficiency up to 95%
• Eco Mode: to increase efficiency (up to to 98%), allows for the selection of Line Interactive technology (VI) to power low priority loads from the mains supply
• Smart Active: the UPS automatically decides upon the operating mode (VI or VFI) based on the quality of the mains power supply
• Emergency: the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails (emergency only mode).
• Frequency converter operation (50 or 60 Hz).
High quality output voltage
• Even with non-linear loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1)
• High short circuit current on bypass
• High overload capacity: 150% by inverter (even with mains failure)
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (double conversion on-line technology (VFI compliant with EN62040-3), with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
• Power factor correction: UPS input power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current uptake.
High battery reliability
• Automatic and manual battery test
• Reduced ripple component (detrimental to the batteries) using a low ripple current discharge (LCRD) system
• Batteries are user replaceable without switching off equipment and without interruption to the load (Hot Swap)
• Unlimited extendible runtime using matching Battery Boxes
• The batteries do not cut in during mains failures of <20 ms (high hold up time) or when the input supply is between 184 V to 276 V.
This configuration ensures the operation of those emergency systems that require continuous, reliable and long-lasting power supply in the event of a mains power failure, such as emergency lighting, fire detection/extinguishing systems and alarms. When the mains power supply fails, the inverter begins powering the loads with a progressive start-up (Soft Start) in order to prevent overload.
The wide input voltage range and a high hold-up time minimise battery usage and increase efficiency and battery life; for smaller power breaks, energy is drawn from a group of appropriately-sized capacitors.
10 A configurable IEC output sockets allow for runtime optimisation by programming the switching off of low priority loads on mains failure; alternatively, emergency loads that are normally not powered when mains is
present can be activated.
• Selectable output voltage (220-230-240 V)
• Dual input supplies configuration (SDU 10000 DI and SDU 10000 DI ER)
• Auto-restart when mains power is restored (programmable via software)
• Bypass on: when the machine is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass and battery charge mode
• Minimum load switch-off
• Low battery warning
• Start-up delay
• Total microprocessor and DSP control
• Automatic bypass without interruption
• Use of custom power modules
• Status, measurements and alarms available on standard backlit display
• UPS digital updating (flash upgradeable)
• Output sockets protected with resettable thermal switch
• Back-feed protection standard: to prevent energy from being fed back to the network
• Manual switching to bypass.
• Advanced multi-platform communications for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield 3 monitoring and shutdown software for Windows operating systems 10, 8, 7, Hyper-V, 2019, 2016, 2012, and previous versions, Mac OS X, Linux, VMWare ESXi, Citrix XenServer and other Unix operating systems
• Plug and play function
• USB port
• RS232 serial port
• Slot for installation of communications boards.
Unity Power Factor
• More power delivered
• More real output power (W)